One of the most common questions we get from affiliates is whether or not they need their own landing pages or websites. The short answer is yes, we strongly recommend creating your own website in order to generate the highest possible volume of impressions, click-throughs, and sales.
Main Reasons Why You Should Have Your Own Website
Having your own website allows you to:
- Control and manage your business – you are spending a lot of time and money running your business, and you need to be able to manage your campaigns effectively.
- Customize your sales materials to individual campaign needs, maximize the effectiveness of your sales funnel, and drive higher conversation rates.
- Drive traffic to your website allowing you to accurately track your campaigns and sales conversions.
Tips For Building Websites
1. Use A Relevant Domain Name––Choose a keyword or two that reflect your offer and have appeal with your prospects. You want a domain name that will attract qualified traffic that still sounds natural to the customer. Avoid stuffing your domain name with search phrases, just keep it relevant and imagine that you’re the user. (link to: Choose a Relevant Domain and Boost Your Website Ranking)
2. Use Unique and Relevant Content––Original content gives customers real value that will ultimately drive more sales conversions. So whether you write the content yourself or outsource it to a third-party content provider, you should always use content that’s directly related to the product or offer you’re promoting.
There are a few key things your sales content should do. First, it should highlight the features and benefits of the product for the specific audience you’re targeting. Since each customer demographic may value a different feature of your product, your best strategy is to identify the consumer demographic you want to hit and then create the content expressly for them. This approach tends to produce much better results than trying to “be all things to all people.”
Second, your content should be as entertaining and engaging as possible. This will help your sales message stand out from the competition. To spice up your content you can try using original turns of phrase and new ways of saying things to engage your customers. Always remember to do this without keyword stuffing, as the content will sound unnatural and therefore fail to maximize value to the user.
3. Design A Visually “Fresh & Clean” Site––When laying out and designing your website, remember to use one strong, clear call-to-action that stands out. Buttons are the most effective graphical vehicles for calls-to action.
Try putting that exact same call-to-action in a few key areas of the page; namely, the top, middle and bottom, to ensure that you’re generating clicks for prospects that take action immediately, as well as those who take the time to read the entire page.
Pre-Made Websites & Links To a Merchant Site
If you decide not to use your own website, we can provide you with ready-built networking landing pages for the majority of the products in our catalogue. These landing pages are conveniently located on the Products Pages of the catalogue.
Another option is direct linking to the merchant site. The disadvantage is that Google only displays 1 URL per search query, so if multiple affiliates are bidding on the same URL and keyword, you could potentially lose out on impressions and sales. This can happen if you’re direct linking to the merchant site or even if you’re using pages we provide.